D-56843 Irmenach, Germany
Tel +49 (0)6541 9789
Fax +49 (0)6541 811753
In the spring of 1982 two graves from the late celtic culture (circa 100 BC.) were found in the village of Beuren which is part of Irmenach. Coins have also been found in Irmenach itself which show that the area was inhabited very early.
The oldest surviving building in the village is the chapelle in Beuren, which dates from 1232. The church in Irmenach is younger, but the foundations of the towers are much older. A real treasure of our church is the belfry with three bells dating from 1423, 1514 and 1555. The walls of our guesthouse are decorated with lots of old photographs depicting scenes of the village from long ago.
Large picture: Guesthouse Bauernstube known as "Broche" in 1942
Small picture: the "Kirch" street about 1900
Irmenach is one of the those typical small villages which can be found strewn over the Hunsrück plateau. The roofs and some of the walls of the houses are clad in grey slate which was quarried locally and contrasts with the pictoresque half-timbered houses. Recently, many of these old houses and barns have been lovingly restored.
Among them the listed farmhouse from the 17th century in which our guesthouse is situated. It bore the name "Broche" and was converted into a restaurant and inn by our family in 1980/81. In the summer of 2003 we closed the restaurant so that we could concentrate more on our house guests. Some of the old restaurant rooms were converted into a spacious holiday flat and the rest into a cosy breakfast room. We intend to become a place well worth visiting for people looking for relaxation and for holidaymakers wanting to get to know the Hunsr?ck and Moselle region.
Since the end of 2011 we have been able to offer new accomodation for those visitors seeking some peace and tranquillity. After three years of construction we have finished our holiday home Landhaus Roter Milan located on the outskirts of Irmenach.